5 DAYS /4 NIGHTS TURKEY HIGHLIGHTS TOUR: CAPPADOCIA, PERGAMUM, EPHESUS and PAMUKKALE BY FLIGHT FROM ISTANBUL
Overview to Turkey Highlights Tour
After exploring Istanbul; if you have enough days to explore more sites in Turkey, Turkey Highlights tour is an excellent opportunity for you. This 4 top highlights, Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pamukkale and Pergamum all together in one tour is highly recommended tour for our guest/s. Ephesus is one of the most famous ancient cities as one of top tens of the world and Pamukkale is another beauty of nature with calcium formation terraces. Both of them were the homes of two of the seven ancient churches which were written in book of Revelation by St John. Pergamum was the place of Zeus temple and center of heath care. Besides of these; enjoy the beauty of sunsets and sunrises over the fairy chimneys from Uchisar Fortress in the evenings or Hot Air Balloon early in the morning in Cappadocia.
- DURATION: 5 days / 4 nights Turkey Highlights Tour
- HOTEL: We can suggest nice hotel up to budget and choices of our guest.
- DEPARTURE: Starts early morning to catch the flight
- INCLUDES: All Airport transfers, Private Guiding, Private Luxury Designed Mercedes Van, Parking, Admission Fees for sights
- EXCLUDES; Accommodation, Domestic Flights, Meals, Hot Air Ballooning and Optional tipping
- DATES: It runs any day up on availibility of our guest/s
- Follow Us by Facebook
BriefItinerary for Turkey Highights Tour
Turkey Highlights Tour Day 1: Istanbul-Cappadocia
- We pick you up from your hotel early in the morning to catch flight to Kayseri or Nevsehir Airport where are closest Airports to Cappadocia. Our greeter with driver will be welcoming you with a private Luxury designed Van to pick you up. It will take around 1 to 1.5 hour driving to Cappadocia, and meeting with your private guide who will be guiding you in next 2 days.
- We start tour by visiting Goreme Open Air Museum where some of the most beautiful rock-carved churches and Byzantine Mosaics and frescoes can be seen.
- Have a lunch in a very local village to taste the casual lifestyle and local food.
- And we continue tour to Valleys of Monk and Devrent where three incredible mushroom shaped rock formations or fairy chimneys can be seen and driving little bit more to enjoy the panorama of the natural beauty by taking pictures.
- Next stop will be Avanos village where local rock carved houses have been being used and very famous for its terracotta handcrafted pottery by the local river which is called Red River as the longest river of Turkey.
- Going to Hotel for check-in and get ready for evening
- And then, we go to natural hilltop Uchisar Fortress to watch sunset with an amazing panoramic view over the moonscape valleys below. Drive back to hotel for free time in the evening by ending the first day.
Turkey Highlights Tour Day 2: Cappadocia -Flying to Izmir
***We can arrange Hot Air Balloon tour easily from a safe company. Hot Air Balloon tour runs up on availability of weather conditions very early in the morning.
- Start 2nd day after breakfast and check-out from hotel. We drive through Red & Rose Valley, Zelve Valley to see amazing panoramic scenery and diverse fairy chimneys and mysterious rock-cut houses.
- And then we visit Cavusin Village which was old historical Christian Village.
- Have a lunch in a local restaurant
- After having lunch, Next stop will be Pigeon Valley and then Kaymaklı Underground City where local Christians had hidden themselves for safety during 7th -8th centuries from Arab invaders.
- Next stops will be Ortahisar Castle and Mustafapasha Greek Village before driving to Airport to fly Izmir for Ephesus trip.
- Stay overnight in Izmir
Turkey Highlights Tour Day 3: Full Day Pergamum -Izmir
- It is departed for Pergamum from hotel with your guide in the morning. Driving takes around 1.5 hour from Izmir.
- Pergamum was social and cultural as much as it was sacred. Built on a conical hill rising 1000 feet above the surrounding valley, Pergamum (also spelled Pergamon) was an important capital city in ancient times. Pergamum is home to two of the country’s most celebrated archaeological sites: Pergamum’s Acropolis and Asclepion are both listed among the top 100 historical sites on the Mediterranean. Most of the buildings and monuments in Pergamum date to the time of Eumenes II (197-159BC), including the famed library, the terrace of the spectacularly sited hillside theater, the main palace, the altar of Zeus, and the propylaeum of Athena Temple.
- In the early Christian ear, Pergamum’s church was a major center of Christianity and was one of the Seven Ancient Churches of Revelation.
Asclepion was the Authority of European medicine from the 2nd century until renaissance. Galen was the founder of the health principles of diet, relaxation, exercise. Visit the ancient hospital & health center where he worked.
- Last stop of the day will be Bademli Village where there are very old stone houses and thermal waters just by the beaches. Bademli village offers great views to visitors with its very long beautiful coasts and wonderful sandy beaches. Also there is a very famous island with only one hotel on it called Kalemli Island there. Also it remnants of the ancient Aya Nicola Church located on a small island are worth seeing. We find a quietest space for ourselves to swim in crystal waters of Aegean Sea in the afternoon. We drive back to Izmir.
Turkey Highlights Tour Day 4: Ephesus – driving to Pamukkale
- We check out and our tour guide will meet you at the lobby and drive an hour to Selcuk town where Ephesus ancient city and Virgin Mary’s House are.
- First you will drive up to Virgin Mary’s House up to top of Bulbul Mountain to visit Mary’s House with your guide.
- And you drive to visit Ephesus ruins to explore the amazing marble ancient city with spectacular historical buildings such as Celcius Library, Grand Roman theatre, Hadrian Temple. Also, Terraces Houses are really nice sights to see ancient royal houses. Rich people of Ephesus had formed their own royal houses with beautiful ancient mosaic art on the walls and floors. It has additional admissions fee to visit.
- Have a Lunch in a very nice local Restaurant to taste the local food of the area.
- Afternoon program is optional up on time. You can decide together during the lunch with your guide. You can do a custom visiting or continue historical sites to visit such as St John Basilica, Isa Bey Mosque, Artemision, and Ephesus Museum.
- Driving to Pamukkale for 3 hours and stay overnight in Pamukkale.
Turkey Highlights Tour Day 5: Pamukkale terraces-Hierapolis-Istanbul
Staying overnight in Pamukkale will be so enjoyable while bathing in thermal pools of the hotels.
- You can checkout around 9.30am in the morning and drive up to hill to visit some parts of Hierapolis Ancient city and Calcium Terraces.
- Hierapolis was founded as a spa resort in 190BC, taking advantage of the mineral waters in the area. First we visit the museum which has a collection of sculptural treasures, Greco-Roman Statues and ceramics dating from Bronze Age. Afterward, enjoy ample time to explore the Roman Amphitheater, the Temple of Apollo, the city walls, the necropolis.
- Pamukkale (Cotton Castle) is the largest and most stunning example of elaborate calcium formation in the world. It dominates the landscape for miles around. The spring water flowing over terraces has temperature 35°C and contains calcium bicarbonate, chalk and limestone. We can enjoy this thermal spring water in an ancient thermal pool among ancient artifacts.
- Have a lunch in a local Restaurant
- In the afternoon, while driving to Airport which takes an hour, you can stop in Kaklık Cave. You can see Calcium formation under the ground too in Kaklık Cave.
- Flying back to Istanbul by evening flight from Denizli to Istanbul and have a transfer from Airport to Hotel.
- We advise to bring bathing suits and towels to enjoy swimming in Pergamum tour and of course the thermal pools of Pamukkale. Hotels have thermal pools in Pamukkale. Also we can’t miss the ancient pool to swim in hot spring water of Pamukkale.
- Accommodation standards and preferences of people are always different. So, We did not include the accommodation expense to our tour price. You can ask us for hotel booking in your preferences or you can do it by yourselves.
- While booking tour, our guests must give all details about arrival and departure time of flight, number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there may be limited shade. Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- After you book the tour; if you request, we book the flight ticket for you with best price and add to your tour price.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. And also we follow these itineraries in our private tours too. We organize these tours for travellers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our Company organize all our tours legally byPEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.