ONE DAY TOUR TO TROY&GALLIPOLI BY DRIVING
Troy&Gallipoli Daily Tour: Exploring the both sides of Dardanelle Strait where has been short cut passage to Black Sea and Russia along the Marmara Sea. Therefore, It had become main source to war because of strategic position of this strait. During the Antiquity, Troy had been ruined and built 9 times and it had witnessed the Trojan War. And around 100 years ago, during the 1st World War; nearly 500.000 soldiers had killed each other on the European side of Dardanelle where Gallipoli is. Today This Gallipoli Peninsula is a kind of cemetery of Martyrs of Turkish Soldiers, Anzacs, British, Australian. So It is a long day tour but you can visit both places where very important places in history in a day.
- DURATION: One day driving tour to Gallipoli and Troy
- DEPARTURE: Very early departure in the morning around 06:00am from Hotel. Driving takes around 4 hours to Canakkale where Gallipoli Peninsula and Troy ancient city are.
- INCLUDES: Professional English Speaking Guide, Luxury Designed Mercedes Van, Parking, Admission Fees of Sight
- EXCLUDES: Meals, Optional Tipping
Itinerary for Daily Troy&Gallipoli Tour
- Visit the ancient ruins of Troy to see the ruins of 9 cities that date as far as back to 3000BC by learning about the Sacrificial Altars and see the replica of Trojan Horse. Troy was discovered in 1871, excavations have revealed 9 ancient cities stacked on top of one another; a must-see for Homer fans.
- Enjoy Lunch by Dardanelles Strait.
- Have an afternoon tour on Gallipoli Peninsula. The Battlefields of World War I on Gallipoli Peninsula are now a serene site. Visit the Lone Pine Australian Memorial and Chunuk Bair, New Zealand Memorial, Anzac Cove, Brighton Beach, Beach Cemetery, Arıburnu Cemetery, Johnston’s Jolly (where you’ll visit original Allied and Turkish Trenches, tunnels), 57th Regiment Turkish Memorial and the Nek.
- It has to be very early departure from hotel in Istanbul not to be in morning rush hour traffic of Istanbul. So, best time to depart from Hotel is 6.00am. Driving to Canakkale takes around 4 hours and 4 hours back to Istanbul. So, Best time to complete the tour in Canakkale and leave the area is 4.00pm in the afternoon. Therefore, you can be at the hotel in Istanbul between 8 and 9 pm. It is the long day tour but really worth doing once in the life.
- Also this tour can be done by flight from Istanbul. But there is not regular flight there, so when it is intended to do this tour, options can be asked up on availability of flights.
- While booking tour; our guests must give all details about number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well. Before booking flight ticket please ask us all details.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there may be limited shade. Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. And also we follow these itineraries in our private tours too. We organize these tours for travellers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our Company organize all our tours legally byPEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.