ONE DAY TOUR TO SUMELA MONESTRY&TRABZON FROM ISTANBUL BY FLIGHT
Sumela Monastery&Trabzon Daily Tour: The deep history of Trabzon, highlands painted in tones of green, mouth watering dishes, natural beauties are just some of the specialties that make city perfect destination to visit. The city once was on Silk Road. Sumela Monastery having the elevation of 1150m and have located in Altındere Village of Macka subordinate of Trabzon city. The Local Christians had founded the monastery on the steep surface of the mount having the view of Altındere Valley and called “Mother Mary” to the Monastery. This structure which is 300m high from the bottom of the valley has sustained the tradition of the monasteries to be founded outside the city centre, in the forest, inside the caves and on river banks. Our Guide will guide and inform you during the day and when we get there.Check and Follow us in Trip Advisor
- DURATION: One day tour from Istanbul by flight
- DEPARTURE: Early morning to catch the flight to Trabzon
- DATE: It runs every day with min 2 and max 12 people
- INCLUDES: All Airport transfers, Private Guiding, Private Luxury Designed Mercedes Van, Parking, Admission fees to sights,
- EXCLUDES: Domestic flights, Meals, Optional tipping
Brief Itinerary for Sumela Monastery&Trabzon
- We pick you up from hotel early in the morning to catch the flight to Trabzon. Your private guide will be with you the whole day after meeting in your hotel in the morning.
- After arriving to Trabzon; our driver will be waiting for us with a private Luxury designed Van at the Airport and we depart to Sumela Monastery. It takes nearly an hour driving to get there.
- Sumela Monastery having the elevation of 1150m is located in Altındere Village of Macka subordinate of Trabzon city. The Local Christians had founded the monastery on the steep surface of the mount having the view of Altındere Valley. And they called “Mother Mary” to the Monastery. This structure is 300m high from the bottom of the valley. Also It has sustained the tradition of the monasteries by being outside the city centre, in the forest, inside the caves and on river banks.
Have a lunch in a local Restaurant.
- After visiting the Sumela Monastery, we will depart to Hamsikoy which the lower slopes of Zigana Mountain hillside is a village of Macka town in Trabzon. This village was as one of the stay overnight place of Silk Road during the history through to Mesopotamia. Hamsikoy has been among the pine forests and is real local village of Black Sea region in Turkey. Their rice pudding is very famous in all over Turkey.
- Then we drive back to Trabzon city center to visit Hagia Sophia which is a beautiful and picturesque church converted a mosque and later into museum and later mosque again. It has still stunning frescoes which are under the wooden panels today within-just like its namesake in Istanbul. There is a peaceful open air tea garden on the grounds.
- After completing all sights, we drive back to Airport to catch the flight back to Istanbul.
- While booking tour; our guests must give all details about number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well. Before booking flight ticket please ask us all details.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream. Therefore there may be limited shade. Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- After you book the tour, if you request, we book the flight ticket for you with best price and add to your tour price.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. And also we follow these itineraries in our private tours too. We organize these tours for travellers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our Company organize all our tours legally byPEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.