Overview to Private Ephesus&Izmir Tour
Private Ephesus&Izmir Tour; If your cruise ship docks to Izmir Cruise port or staying in Izmir, half day Ephesus and half day Izmir city tour is an excellent opportunity in a limited time. So, our guide will be welcoming you at the exit gate by holding your name and then start day to explore Ephesus and Izmir city. Our guests (you) must be sure about departure time of your cruise ship. We promise you we bring you back on time.
- DURATION: One day Ephesus&Izmir city tour from Cruise port of Izmir
- DEPARTURE: Up on arrival time of Cruise Ship
- INCLUDES: Professional English Speaking Guide, Private Luxury designed A/C Mercedes Van, parking, Admission fees of Sights,
- EXCLUDES: Meals and optional tips excluded
- DATE: It runs anyday up on availibility of our guest/s
Itinerary for Private Ephesus&Izmir Tour
- We welcome you at the cruise port of Izmir in the morning and drive to Selcuk town where Ephesus ancient city and Virgin Mary’s House. Driving takes around 1 hour to Selcuk town.
- First you will drive up to Virgin Mary’s House up to top of Bulbul Mountain to visit Mary’s House with your guide.
- And you drive to Ephesus ruins to explore the amazing marble ancient city with spectacular historical buildings such as Celcius Library, Grand Roman theatre, Hadrian Temple. Also, Terraces Houses is really nice places to see ancient royal houses which had been formed with beautiful ancient mosaic art on the walls and floors. It has additional admissions fee to visit it.
- Have a Lunch in a very nice local Restaurant to taste the local food of the area.
We drive back to Izmir to explore the city. First we go up the historical Asansor (means elevator). Nesim Levi had built this historical elevator in 1907 to allow people to climb the elevated part of the area. A steep cliff with a total of 155 stairs seperates this area by the coastal strait. The historical elevator system was being operated by water until 1985 and converted to electrical system. The street where Asansor is situated called Dario Moreno Street. The view is the best panoramic view of Izmir from Asansor.
- After having a coffee break in this beautiful area, we pass historical clock tower in Konak where is one of largest square of Izmir. This clock tower is symbolic architecture of the city. And last stop before ending tour will be ancient Agora of Symrna. Agora of Symrna gives visitors an opportunity to catch a glimpse of ancient Symrna, a prominent Roman city. It includes a number of fine inscriptions from the period, including ancient graffiti left by visitors embarking or disembarking from the nearby ancient port.
- While booking tour; if our guests come out from Cruise Ship, our guests must give all details about name of Cruise ship, arrival and departure time of cruise ship, number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. There may be limited shade during day. Therefore, we recommend a hat and sun cream . Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. And also we follow these itineraries in our private tours too. We organize these tours for travellers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our Company organize all our tours legally byPEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.