IZMIR&VILLAGE TOUR: LOCAL CITY AND VILLAGE LIFE FOR A DAY IN IZMIR
Overview for Izmir&Village tour
If you would love to live the local life both in a modern city and in a very little local village, izmir & village tour is a good opportunity for a day. Izmir is 3rd largest city of Turkey and called pearl of the Western Turkey. Mostly open minded, high educated people living there. Both in the villages and city center everyone goes to school and mostly study in Universities. Also Birgi village where we visit is in the list of UNESCO Heritage with its beautiful Ottoman Mansions, mosques and Stone houses among the trees. If your cruise ship docks to Izmir Cruise port or staying in Izmir, Our guide will be welcoming you at the exit gate by holding your name and start day to explore Ephesus. Our guests (you) must be sure about departure time of your cruise ship. We promise you we bring you back on time.
- DURATION: One day to Birgi Village and Izmir city tour from Izmir
- DEPARTURE: 9.00am in the morning
- INCLUDES: Professional English Speaking Guide, Private Luxury designed A/C Mercedes Van, parking, Admission fees of Sights,
- EXCLUDES: Meals and optional tips.
- DATE: It runs anyday up on availibility of our guest/s
Itinerary for Izmir & Village tour
- We pick you up where ever you suggest picking you up in Izmir city center and departing our tour by driving through to Birgi village. Driving takes around 1.5 hours to Village. Birgi Village has an historical importance, too. It was the capital of Anatolian Turkish Beylik of Aydın during 14th century and it has outstanding examples of Seljuk and Ottoman architecture such as Cakıraga Mansion, Madrassah(High School), Sultansah Mausoleum and stone houses with terracotta red roofs and wooden windows. So it is in the list of UNESCO Cultural Heritage list.
- After visiting all highlights and taking lots of pictures, we drive up to Bozdag Mountain to see the Golcuk lake. Bozdağ has a ski center and this Golcuk Lake gets frozen in winters. Just being in nature by the lake with a wonderful view like a painting; each season of Golcuk has different panorama and it is one of secret place where photographers camps here. We have a lunch there and drive back to Izmir.
Izmir & village tour: We drive back to Izmir to explore the city. First we go up the historical Asansor (means elevator) Nesim Levi had built this historical elevator in 1907 to allow people to climb the elevated part of the area. a steep cliff with a total of 155 stairs seperates this area by the coastal strait. The historical elevator system was being operated by water until 1985 and converted to electrical system. The street where Asansor is situated called Dario Moreno Street. The view is the best panoramic view of Izmir from Asansor.
- After having a coffee break in this beautiful area, we pass historical clock tower in Konak where is one of largest square of Izmir. This clock tower is symbolic architecture of the city. And last stop before ending tour will be ancient Agora of Symrna. Agora of Symrna gives visitors an opportunity to catch a glimpse of ancient Symrna, a prominent Roman city. It includes a number of fine inscriptions from the period, including ancient graffiti left by visitors embarking or disembarking from the nearby ancient port.
- While booking tour; if our guests come out from Cruise Ship, our guests must give all details about name of Cruise ship, name of Docking port, arrival and departure time of cruise ship, number of people.
- While booking tour, our guests must give all details about arrival and departure time of flight, number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there may be limited shade. Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- After you book the tour, if you request, we book the flight ticket for you with best price and add to your tour price.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. And also we follow these itineraries in our private tours too. We organize these tours for travellers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our Company organize all our tours legally byPEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.