ISTANBUL SHOPPING TOUR TO ART GALLERIES AND BAZAARS
Shopping is a culture in Istanbul. We organize Istanbul shopping tour is more introduction of art and hand craft than shopping by stopping the real recommended, non touristic galleries or little stores. Introducing the real culture in back streets of Bazaars is very important to keep the culture alive. Because of big touristic stores at the entrance of Bazaar, Most of the visitors have no time to visit them. There are many locations for buying antiques, souvenirs, or jewelry or leather goods/jackets, hand loomed fabrics and many other things. Nowadays most of these stores who have been selling rugs, jewelry, and leather have become very touristic. And unfortunately, in one way these stores have been spoiling the culture and reality. So we will try visiting these non-touristic places for you.
- DURATION: One Day walking tour
- TYPE OF TOUR: Walking and Driving Tour
- DEPARTURE TIME: 9.00am in the morning
- DEPARTURE POINT: Galata Tower
- DATE: It runs every day except Sundays with min 2 and max 12 people. Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays.
- INCLUDES: Professional Guidance, Pick up and Drop off from /to hotels, transportation
- Excludes; Personal expenses, meals
Itinerary for Istanbul Shopping Tour
- After meeting near Galata Tower with our guests, we are going to walk around the tower to explore the little souvenir stores there. Our guide will be with you all time to give information about arts and shopping life there. We can have free time there and meet in a café after an hour we can go back our van and go to Cukurcuma. Chukurcuma is on another slope of Taxim hill and center of Antique pieces. You can find various old pieces from tables, furniture to paintings, locks etc. Also area is quite interesting and welcoming with old houses there. We are going to walk down independently through to Tophane area and our driver is going to pick us up from there.
- Next stop is Grand Bazaar. It is a huge souk with nearly 4000 stores inside. Grand Bazaar was built as shopping mall and stock market of Ottoman Empire during 1461. It has still been used as a stock market of Turkey. The great grand fathers of many people in Grand Bazaar had worked for Royalty hundreds of years. Therefore they had reached the finest quality in Jewelry and weaving rugs and of course leather. So during our tour; we go behind the scenes at back streets to visit traditional artisans in their workshops such as jewelry makers, carpet weavers, leather goods, jackets, tombak stores, linens, towels, traditional fabrics, ceramics, antique shops and many other goods.
While walking through the back streets, most of time your guide not only will be giving information but also being translator between you and craftsmen in back streets.
- We will stop in specific stores to have some more information. We pay a small monetary contribution to these stores for taking their time and hospitalities which is included to tour price. So you will never feel any pressure for shopping in these stores. Therefore, you can enjoy your backstage tour of Grand Bazaar.
- After doing the informative tour we give free time for lunch and shopping independently. We stay in the Grand Bazaar min 2 hours. And then next stop will be Spice Bazaar in the afternoon. Spice Bazaar is in similar shape with Grand Bazaar but much smaller. Some of guests say that it is more pleasure than Grand Bazaar. Let’s say it is different sense. While driving even from road by Spice Bazaar, smell of spices can fill your car and you feel spice bazaar is very close to you. It is the center of spices with all kinds of herbs, spices, nuts, Turkish Delights and many other souvenirs to buy. Even you don’t have to buy anything and just jump in to the stores and taste their food. This is the culture and shopping is done by tasting.
- We advise buying real Baklava from Baklava Stores not from Spice Bazaar. So at the end of our tour; we are going to give tea break in a very local Baklava shop to taste and if anybody needs to buy Baklava.
And we drop off everyone to same places where we picked up in the morning.
- We pick you up from your hotel and bring you to meet up point in Taxim Square. Hotels or points where our guests suggested as pick up point must be in Sultanahmet, Sirkeci, Taxim, Besiktas locations. Our Istanbul Shopping tour starts at 9.00am from departure point. So we inform you your pick up time from your hotel after booking tour. We prefer starting tour early in the morning to avoid the crowds . If you decide to come to meeting point by your self, we can share the location directions from your hotel via mail. Also all our contact numbers are available all time. We can drop you off to same place where we picked you up too.
- While booking tour, our guests must give all details about name of hotel, number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there may be limited shade. Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. And also we follow these itineraries in our private tours too. We organize these tours for travellers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our Company organize all our tours legally byPEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.