Overview to Historical Souks & Turkish Bath
Historical Souks & Turkish Bath tour: Exploring back streets to visit traditional artisans in their workshops such as jewelry makers, carpet weavers, leather goods, jackets, tombak stores, linens, towels, traditional fabrics, ceramics, antique shops and many other goods in Grand Bazaar and then Turkish Bath will be excellent choice to relieve the tiredness of the day.
- DURATION: One day walking tour in Istanbul
- TYPE OF TOUR: Semi-Private Tour with max 12 people and min 2 people
- DEPARTURE: 9.30am in the morning
- DEPARTURE MEETING POINT: Next to Cemberlitash Tram Station in old city.
- INCLUDES: Guidance, Turkish Bath, Pick up/drop off to Hotels, if pick up points are in SultanAhmet, Taxim, Sirkeci and Besiktas Locations.
- EXCLUDES: Meals, personal expenses,
Historical Souks &Turkish Bath Itinerary
- We pick you up from your hotel and bring you to departure point. Hotels or points where our guests suggested to be picked up must be in Sultanahmet, Sirkeci, Taxim, Besiktas Locations. Tour starts at 9.30am from departure point. So your pick up time from your hotel will be informed after booking tour. We prefer starting tour early to avoid the crowds in the morning. When it is suggested, the directions of the meeting point from Hotel can be mailed and also all our contact numbers are available all time. We can drop you off to same place where we picked you up too.
- We meet our guests at the departure point and start exploring the hidden streets of old Bazaars. So, we depart from burnt column next to Cemberlitash Tram Station which was dedicated both for Christian and Pagan Ceremonies in 330 AD. It is one of most important Roman art called column of Emperor Constantine too.
- And then we start to explore hidden streets of Grand Bazaar which was built in 1460s. It is largest covered market offering excellent shopping for foreign visitors and locals where lending a welcome dose of authenticity. During the Ottoman period; the souks were built especially next to imperial Mosques as best places for shopping and meeting there. All shops were owned by government and incomes of rents were used for expenses of Waqves (kind of foundations where poor people supported in education, food, health care with charities).
Historical Souks&Turkish Bath tour will be more culture tour than shopping tour. The streets of Grand Bazaar sound very complicated to walk around and understand the history of culture there. So during our tour; we go behind the scenes at back streets to visit traditional artisans in their workshops such as jewelry makers, carpet weavers, leather goods, jackets, tombak stores, linens, towels, traditional fabrics, ceramics, antique shops and many other goods.
While walking through the back streets, most of time your guide not only will be giving information but also being translator between you and craftsmen in back streets.
- We will stop in specific stores to have some more information. We pay a small monetary contribution to these stores for taking their time and hospitalities which is included to tour price. So you will never feel any pressure for shopping in these stores. Therefore, you can enjoy your backstage tour of Grand Bazaar.
- Some of places where we are going to stop or pass by exploring streets are; Burnt Column, Jewelry street, Historical Book Bazaar, Kalpakcılar, Copper goods called Tombak stores, Cebeci Han, Astarcı Han, Kurkculer,Gul Authentic Armenian Restaurant, Jewelry Workshop, Zincirli Han, Cevahir Bedesten, Silver Bazaar, Nick’s Calligraphy, Beyazıt Suare, Black Market, Nuri Osmaniye Mosque and many others.
- We will have free time for lunch where all locals go.
- In the afternoon we will have Turkish Bath experience in one of historical Hammams where is oldest and recommended Turkish Bath in the city. The tour price includes the entry of Hammam to have basic Turkish Bath experience such as foam, scrub massage. If you want you can have extra service such as oil massage and others there by paying at the reception.
- After Turkish Bath program We are going to drop you off same points where you were picked up in the morning.
- We pick you up from your hotel and bring you to meet up at the Cemberlitash Tram Station. Hotels or points where our guests suggested as pick up point must be in Sultanahmet, Sirkeci, Taxim, Besiktas Locations. Tour starts at 9.30am from departure point. So we will inform you your pick up time from your hotel after booking tour. We prefer starting tour early in the morning to avoid the crowds . If you decide to come to meeting point by your self, we can mail the directions of the meeting point from Hotel. Also all our contact numbers are available all time. We can drop you off to same place where we picked you up too.
- While booking tour; if our guest come out from Cruise ship, our guests must give all details about name of Cruise ship, docking port name, arrival and departure time of cruise ship, number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there may be limited shade. Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. And also we follow these itineraries in our private tours too. We organize these tours for travellers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our Company organize all our tours legally byPEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.