ONE DAY EDIRNE TOUR FROM ISTANBUL BY DRIVING
Edirne Tour: Edirne is the city where is located on European side and has longest border on the west with Bulgaria and Greece. The former name of the city was Adrianapolis meant the city of Hadrian. It takes around 2.5 hours driving from Istanbul. The imperial past makes Edirne interesting and worth visiting from huge Ottoman imperial complexes such as Selimiye Mosque, Caravanserais, Bazaars, stone bridges… It had been the site of no fewer than 16 major battles and sieges since the days of Ancient Greece.
It is a long day tour but worth doing!Check and Follow us in Trip Advisor
- DURATION: One day Edirne Tour by driving
- DEPARTURE: Very early morning to avoid the highway traffic
- DATE: It runs every day with min 2 and max 12 people.
- INCLUDES: Professional English Speaking Guide; Private Luxury designed A/C Mercedes Van; parking, and Admission Fees of Sights.
- EXCLUDES: Domestic flights, Meals and optional tips are excluded
ITINERARY FOR DAILY EDIRNE TOUR
- We leave Istanbul around 7.30am to avoid the traffic on highway. Driving takes around 2.5 hours to Edirne city. When we arrive there our first stop is of course Selimiye Mosque which is like the symbol of the city with its bazaar in the garden. It was built as masterpiece of Architect Sinan and is very famous with its 70m highest minarets and largest dome which doesn’t have any support underneath in Turkey. It is impressive.Follow Us by Facebook
- Second stop will be old mosque and Uc Serefeli Mosque next to each other; Old mosque was the grand mosque before Selimiye mosque and Uc Serefeli (3 balconied minarets) Mosque which can be recognized from everywhere easily with four distinctive minarets having all different designs.
- Our next stop will be Health Museum with oldest Medical University from Ottoman Period. The health museum was opened by Ottoman Sultan Bayazıd at the beginning of 15th centuries as hospital of that time. They had used herbs and recipes of Ancient Greeks who had lived especially in Asclepion of Pergamon and philosophers of the east. This health museum is giving good idea how was the health care at that time in Ottomans.
Also this city is very famous with its stone bridges had been built by Ottomans on Tuncha and Merich rivers. We try local food in a nice restaurant by the river and keep going to explore the city.
Our next stop will be the old quarter which was the oldest part of the city, called Kaleici. Especially while walking along the main street we can witness the old Edirne houses and this street takes us to biggest Synagogue of Turkey. There was a Jewish community here. But after the 1st World War they had all spread out everywhere. There are only a few Jews living in the city today. But Grand Synagogue was rebuilt and re-opened again in 2015.
- And then we walk through to fish market of Edirne in old city. I can say it is my most favorite place where you can feel the local life there.
- After completing all these important sites, we are going to do a driving tour in the city as much as we can. Especially we can go to the Garden of Trakya University which was the former train station where we can see the Monument of Lausanne Treaty in Karaaghac location of Edirne.
- If we can have the time left we can see the ruins of old Edirne Palace and the monument of Balkan War Martyrs. And then we drive back to Istanbul. The whole itinerary has to be completed and leave the city around 4.pm to avoid the Highway traffic through to Istanbul.
- We pick you up from your hotel and drop you off to your hotels in the evening again. Hotels or points where our guests suggested as pick up point must be in Sultanahmet, Sirkeci, Taxim, Besiktas Locations. Tour starts at latest 7.30am from departure point. So we inform you your pick up time from your hotel after booking tour. We prefer starting tour early in the morning to avoid traffic .If you decide to come to meeting point by your self, we can share the location directions from your hotel via mail. Also all our contact numbers are available all time.
- While booking tour; our guests must give all details about number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well. Before booking flight ticket please ask us all details.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there may be limited shade. Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- After you book the tour, if you request, we book the flight ticket for you with best price and add to your tour price.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. And also we follow these itineraries in our private tours too. We organize these tours for travellers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our Company organize all our tours legally byPEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.