Overview to Culinary Tour: Taxim-Kadikoy-Beshiktash
This Culinary tour is defined as the pursuit of unique and unforgettable eating and drinking experiences. This tour offers us alike an authentic taste of place in our bountiful city by combining local life tour with these edible experiences. Perfect way to understand Istanbul is through its food culture. Istanbul is a heaven of food culture with its own history, miraculous Istanbul holds the best of everything from historical impressive Architectural buildings to life in different cultures. All mixed each other and this mixture of cultures in history created amazing tastes in food.
- DURATION: One Day Walking tour in Istanbul
- TYPE OF TOUR: Semi Private culinary Tour by foot
- DEPARTURE TIME: 9.00am in the morning
- DEPARTURE POINT: Taxim Square
- DATE: It runs every day with min 4 and max 12 people.
- INCLUDES: Professional Guidance, Pick up and Drop off from /to hotels, Ferry tickets, Admission Fees of Museums, Meals and drinks suggested by itinerary
- EXCLUDES: Personal expenses,
Itinerary for Culinary Tour
- We meet up in front of Marmara Hotel in Taxim Square and depart tour at 9.00am in the morning. First stop is Simit Sarayı to taste the local bagel with Turkish tea. And we start to walk by listening our guide about the history of the area with old and new buildings. We pass Triada Church, the old Greek school, St Antuan Church and many Consulate building along the Istiklal Street. Our guide takes us back to these times which kind of life styles people had lived, who came and passed from these streets with lots of stories. Of course we are not going to forget back streets of Istiklal and find a little local restaurant to taste their local pita with Ayran (watered yoghurt).
- And now that is the time to burn what we had. A very tasty lunch will be waiting for us in Kadikoy on the Asian side. Anyway we start walking down through to historical Tunnel which is known as second oldest subway in the world after London Subway. By passing the musicians and Artistry Street. We find the Galata tower in front of us. Of course, we are not going to pass this beautiful old Tower without visiting. We witness the 360 degrees Panaromic view of Istanbul from top of tower and going to stop in a very local café to taste the fresh squeezed pomegranate and orange juice for 10 min.
And then we keep walking down by passing little boutiques and souvenir shops through Karakoy. And take a ferry to Kadikoy on the Asian side. Kadikoy is very modern as the centre of western music and dance shows such as opera and others. The fish market is a kind of culture there. By passing the local grocery stands with lots of green organic vegetables and fruits and also fish stands there. It is a fish market but our Restaurant is the best one as recommended restaurant there. We are going to taste very tasty local food which you cannot find in any other places. I can tell it is the best of bests. After exploring Kadıkoy little bit more we take a ferry back to European side to Beshiktas.
- Beshiktash is the beginning location of wealthy life of Istanbul. It is the student area and one of best places to go out where you can find many pubs, cafes, restaurant in casual style. It is quite alive area. We are going to stop there for a Turkish coffee break and end the tour there in the afternoon. We are going to drop you off at the same places where we picked you up in the morning.
- We pick you up from your hotel and bring you to meet up point in Taxim Square. Hotels or points where our guests suggested as pick up point must be in Sultanahmet, Sirkeci, Taxim, Besiktas locations. Our Culinary tour starts at 9.00am from departure point. So we inform you your pick up time from your hotel after booking tour. We prefer starting tour early in the morning to avoid the crowds . If you decide to come to meeting point by your self, we can share the location directions from your hotel via mail. Also all our contact numbers are available all time. We can drop you off to same place where we picked you up too.
- While booking tour; if our guest come out from Cruise ship, our guests must give all details about name of Cruise ship, docking port name, arrival and departure time of cruise ship, number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there may be limited shade. Also, Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
- Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. And also we follow these itineraries in our private tours too. We organize these tours for travellers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our Company organize all our tours legally byPEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.