Overview to Ephesus & Pamukkale tour
After exploring Istanbul; if you have enough days to explore more sites in Turkey, this Ephesus & Pamukkale tour is highly recommended for you. Ephesus is one of the most famous ancient cities and Pamukkale is another beauty of nature with calcium formation terraces. Both of them were the homes of two of the seven ancient churches which were written in book of Revelation by St John.
- DURATION: 2 days trip by staying overnight in Pamukkale
- HOTEL: We can suggest nice hotel up to budget and choices of our guest.
- DEPARTURE: Very early in the morning to catch the flight from Istanbul to Izmir
- INCLUDES: Professional English Speaking Guide, All Airport transfers, Private Luxury Designed Mercedes Van, Parking, Admission Fees for sights
- EXCLUDES; Accommodation, Domestic Flights, Meals, and Optional tipping are excluded.
Ephesus & Pamukkale tour /Day 1-Visiting Ephesus and driving to Pamukkale
- We pick you up early in the morning to catch the flight to Izmir from Istanbul
- When you land to Izmir, Our tour guide will meet you at the airport by holding your name. After meeting with your guide, we drive an hour to Selcuk town where Ephesus ancient city and Virgin Mary’s House are.
- First we drive up to top of Bulbul Mountain to visit Mary’s House with your guide.
- And then we drive back to Ephesus ruins to explore the amazing marble ancient city with spectacular historical buildings such as Celsus Library, Grand Roman theatre, Hadrian Temple. Also, Terraces Houses are very interesting historical part to see ancient royal houses. Rich Ephesians had formed with beautiful mosaic art on the walls and floors during the early period of Byzantine era.
- Have a Lunch in a very nice local Restaurant to taste the local food of the area.
- Afternoon program is optional up on time. You can discuss together with your guide during lunch what to do. You can do a custom visiting or continue historical sites to visit such as St John Basilica, Isa Bey Mosque, Artemision, and Ephesus Museum.
- Driving to Pamukkale for 3 hours and stay overnight in Pamukkale.
Ephesus & Pamukkale tour /Day 2- Pamukkale terraces, Hierapolis Ancient city and flying back to Istanbul
- Staying overnight in Pamukkale will be so enjoyable while bathing in thermal pools of the hotels in the evening.
- We can start second day of Ephesus & Pamukkale tour by checking out around 9.30am in the morning. First we drive up to hill to visit some parts of Hireapolis Ancient city and Calcium Terraces.
- Hierapolis was founded as a spa resort in 190BC, taking advantage of the mineral waters in the area. Before entering the archeological zone, visit the museum which has a collection of sculptural treasures, Greco-Roman Statues and ceramics dating from Bronze Age. Afterward, enjoy ample time to explore the Roman Amphitheater, the Temple of Apollo, the city walls, the necropolis!.
- Pamukkale (Cotton Castle) is the largest and most stunning example of elaborate calcium formation in the world, and dominates the landscape for miles around. The spring water flowing over terraces. It has temperature 35°C and contains calcium bicarbonate, chalk and limestone. This thermal spring water can be enjoyed in an ancient thermal pool where you can swim among ancient artifacts.
- Have a lunch in a local Restaurant
- In the afternoon, while driving to Airport, you can stop in Kaklık Cave where you can see Calcium formation under the ground too.
- Flying back to Istanbul by evening flight from Denizli to Istanbul and have a transfer from Airport to Hotel.
- Follow us with Facebook
- We advise to bring swimming suits and towels to enjoy the thermal pools of Pamukkale. We have thermal pools in hotels, but also you can’t miss the ancient pool to swim in hot spring water of Pamukkale.
- Accommodation standards and preferences of people are always different. So, we did not include the accommodation expense to our tour price. You can ask us for hotel booking in your preferences or do it by yourselves.
- When you book your tour, our guests (you) must give all details about name, arrival and departure time, number of people, any allergic conditions, health problems, name of people well.
- Guests must have very comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestone surfaces, inclines and 10-30 steps in a day. We recommend a hat and sun cream as there may be limited shade. Guests should watch their step at all times in order to avoid injuries.
Please ask us to mail you a tour itinerary with official agreement to avoid congestion.
- After you book the tour; if you request, we book the flight ticket for you with best price and add to your tour price.
- Our guide may swap priority of places to make tour less tiring and avoid crowd.
- We base our semi-private tours on customized preferences. And also we follow these itineraries in our private tours too. We organize these tours for travellers who prefer doing private tour.
- Our Company organize all our tours legally by PEACE TRAVEL SERVICE as an official Travel Agency with A-9802 TURSAB Membership. We provide highly experienced licensed Tour Guides to all our guests.